About the club

We are a group of people who enjoy the hobby of plastic model building. Our members interests range from Aircraft, Automobiles, Ships, Figures, Armour, to Sci Fi. We have all skill levels from beginners to some pretty talented modellers, but we mainly meet to share our work, ideas, tips and techniques, and talk about modelling in general. Click View Profile to view email address - drop us a line!

Wednesday 10 October 2012

News from an old friend

Ray Welshman, our chapter past president, and IPMS SJ member for a number of years, relocated out to Western Canada last year, but still keeps in touch. Ray is an accomplished figure modeller.

Ray sends greetings, and a look at some of his latest work.

He went to the Ontario Model Soldier Society show recently and had an entry that did quite well.
"Best of Show" is not too shabby at all. :)

In Rays words...

"Attached is  a pic with my trophy from the Ontario Model Soldier Society show in September. The figure is a 54mm Historex conversion. I used the Historex parts to build a basic mannequin and from there used epoxy putty to add the detail. Its called "Winter Patrol" and it's a NWMP from 1876 on patrol in the Canadian Prairies. Its basically a Mountie with a red tunic but a buckskin jacket over it. Everything is done with putty and the arms were positioned with wire then built up with putty.  I used an Ultracast head.

I built it for my friend Ian Pearson who collects Mountie stuff as a gift. I wasn't going to put it in the Competition but decided later to put it in. I'm glad I did :)

For more detailed pics here's a link to my gallery on Planet Figure.


Cheers

Ray"

Good job Ray!
Keep in touch.....



No comments:

Post a Comment